Wiki 75774 for ipsilateral runoff....

mgord

Guru
Best answers
I had a meeting with some reps from one of our stent companies who had brought a coding person along with them. Prior to the meeting they had asked that I send them some sample cases so he could code them and compare with what I had billed.
During the meeting he told myself and my surgeon that when you perform an aortogram and document one cath placement and imaging of aortoiliac vessels you should bill 75630 and then when you move further selective say down to the SFA and shoot to bill 75774 and then again if you move to the trunk and shoot its another 75774. THEN he said if you pull the catheter back across the bifurcation and shoot the ipsilateral leg its another 75774.
I questioned him when he said this saying that I thought you had to additionally select a vessel when you bill 75774 and that wasnt being done on the access side.
I was checking into this today and i found documentation that says the ipsilateral iliac is additionally non-selective and 75774 should not be coded.
Can anyone provide any insight into this scenario?
Thanks!!

75774 for ipsilateral run-off

In the Peripheral & Cardiology Coder 2010 manual, page 121, it states in paragraph 13, that "current SIR recommendations are not to assign code 75774 for any ipsilateral pull-back injections from a single vascular access point." It also states that most state specific Medicare payors have denied the use of this code 75774 for the ipsilateral pull-back injection stating that this is not, by definition, a selective study.