Wiki 75630 + 75710 aortoiliac angiogram plus Extremity angiogram from different access sit

merjim_m@yahoo.com

Contributor
Best answers
Hello,

Im kinda confused on how I should be coding this scenario.

Reason For Exam
Claudication right leg

The procedure was explained to the patient and consent was obtained. Both groins were prepped and draped in the usual sterile fashion.

Right femoral artery access was attained with 18 G needle which was used to puncture the right CFA. 5F Sheath was inserted antegradely over a guide wire which was advanced through the needle.

On the right:
The right CFA and profunda arteries are heavily calcified and severely diseased but patent.
The right SFA is heavily calcified and severely diseased with multiple narrowing s;proximal dissection not limiting the flow and short occlusion at the adductor hiatus.Below the knee the anterior tibial artery is blocked and the peroneal and posterior tibial are patent with tight narrowing of the PTA at the foot level.. I tried to advance 0.18 terumo and roadrunner guide wires but it was not very smooth and straight forward and angioplasty was abandoned.

Left CFA was punctured and catheterized retrogradely then angiogram was done which showed moderate aorto-iliac disease with heavy calcifications

On the left.
Severe disease in the right CFA ;SFA and popliteal and the stent in the distal SFA is patent .Below the knee the anterior tibial artery is blocked and the peroneal and posterior tibial are patent .

The patient has multiple angry-looking calcified plaques and multiple narrowings in the right CFA,SFA and popliteal which are better served by surgical bypass or optimal medical therapy and angioplasty would not be the best option for him.The patient has been referred to Vascular surgery and Dr Halawa was informed.
No immediate major complications.

From what I understood, the physician access the right side and did an extremity angiogram. - 36140 + 75710.

Then, he accessed the left side went retrograde and did aorto-iliac angiography - 36200 + 75630?

Can we code 75630 + 75710 together?

Thanks,

Jim -CPC-P, CIRCC

Hello,

Im kinda confused on how I should be coding this scenario.

Reason For Exam
Claudication right leg

The procedure was explained to the patient and consent was obtained. Both groins were prepped and draped in the usual sterile fashion.

Right femoral artery access was attained with 18 G needle which was used to puncture the right CFA. 5F Sheath was inserted antegradely over a guide wire which was advanced through the needle.

On the right:
The right CFA and profunda arteries are heavily calcified and severely diseased but patent.
The right SFA is heavily calcified and severely diseased with multiple narrowing s;proximal dissection not limiting the flow and short occlusion at the adductor hiatus.Below the knee the anterior tibial artery is blocked and the peroneal and posterior tibial are patent with tight narrowing of the PTA at the foot level.. I tried to advance 0.18 terumo and roadrunner guide wires but it was not very smooth and straight forward and angioplasty was abandoned.

Left CFA was punctured and catheterized retrogradely then angiogram was done which showed moderate aorto-iliac disease with heavy calcifications

On the left.
Severe disease in the right CFA ;SFA and popliteal and the stent in the distal SFA is patent .Below the knee the anterior tibial artery is blocked and the peroneal and posterior tibial are patent .

The patient has multiple angry-looking calcified plaques and multiple narrowings in the right CFA,SFA and popliteal which are better served by surgical bypass or optimal medical therapy and angioplasty would not be the best option for him.The patient has been referred to Vascular surgery and Dr Halawa was informed.
No immediate major complications.

From what I understood, the physician access the right side and did an extremity angiogram. - 36140 + 75710.

Then, he accessed the left side went retrograde and did aorto-iliac angiography - 36200 + 75630?

Can we code 75630 + 75710 together?

Thanks,

Jim -CPC-P, CIRCC

On the left, I don't see where he catheterized the right common iliac or a catheter was placed in the aorta. I would charge,36140-50 and 75716, unless the doctor corrects his dictation so say that he placed a catheter in the distal abdominal aorta and imaged the pelvis to be able to code 36200.
HTH,
Jim Pawloski, CIRCC