Wiki 739.6???

Best answers
so i have a patient with a diagnosis of a bone lesion on their knee. that's all the note says. what came up when i went to code it was 739.6. in those 739 codes that's where i have si/pain or inominate dysfunction. so i get THAT. but when would it be appropriate to use the 739.6? i can't seem to find anything! HELP!:confused:

so i have a patient with a diagnosis of a bone lesion on their knee. that's all the note says. what came up when i went to code it was 739.6. in those 739 codes that's where i have si/pain or inominate dysfunction. so i get THAT. but when would it be appropriate to use the 739.6? i can't seem to find anything! HELP!:confused:

I would code 733.90, lesion,bone. I know it's not specific to the knee but I think that's the closest you're going to get. I wouldn't use the 739 codes, those are for non-allopathic lesions which describe vertebral subluxation or a dysfunctional segment of the spine.

Hope that helps!

Sue, CPC, CCS-P

i ended up using 733.90, thank you :) i still don't understand when i would use 739.6.... like what lower extremity diagnosis would work for it