Wiki 6th lumbar fracture

Best answers
I've ran across encounter that patient has a 6th lumbar type vertebra present and has a fracture of this vertebra. Do I code this fracture as unspecified since codes only go up to L-5?

Being that there is not L6 vertebra, you will need to query your provider.
I think the OP is saying that the patient has a supernumerary vertebra. There is no specific code for such a fracture of such a bone that I'm aware of, and I haven't been able to find any guidance on this, so I think there's no other choice but to use an unspecified code.

Being that there is no L6 vertebra, and the other person above makes a good point that they could mean the supernumerary vertebra. That being said, I WOULD NOT assume. Query the provider for clarification.
I've ran across encounter that patient has a 6th lumbar type vertebra present and has a fracture of this vertebra. Do I code this fracture as unspecified since codes only go up to L-5?

Most likely unspecified, but sometimes the provider calls it or equates it to the fifth in the documentation. It depends on how they document it. You could also query.
Could consider adding a congenital malformation of the spine code as appropriate to explain.