Wiki 61624 versus 61626

MsAnna

Networker
Best answers
Still new to IR and have a question regarding embolization non CNS versus CNS. I've researching and find that I'm not the only one who is confused about this scenario. Procedure performed was a Percutaneous transluminal Onyx emoblization of the left middle meningeal artery. I'm wondering why the provider is using 61626 instead of 61624. What would make this Non CNS? Any help would be great.
Thank you

Still new to IR and have a question regarding embolization non CNS versus CNS. I've researching and find that I'm not the only one who is confused about this scenario. Procedure performed was a Percutaneous transluminal Onyx emoblization of the left middle meningeal artery. I'm wondering why the provider is using 61626 instead of 61624. What would make this Non CNS? Any help would be great.
Thank you

Anything inside the head or spinal code is 61624 (CNS) Anything outside of the skull is Non-CNS 61626.
HTH,
Jim Pawloski, CIRCC

Thank you Jim. It seems so simple when you put it that way. Is it correct to say then, that it's where the artery is embolized not where artery derives (branches) from?