Wiki 52 mod on the OB global package ??

katielove

New
Best answers
I'm sure this has been asked in the past, but I would like to get a feel for what others are doing in this coding situation.

If a patient was seen for minimal OB antepartum care, lets say less than 4 visits, should the global OB delivery code, such as 59400 be billed with a 52 modifier? Or should the antepartum visits be billed out seperately as E/M's and the delivery only with postpartum care be billed (59410)?

Again, I just want a feel for how others handle this type of coding situtation and if you have any resources they would be much appreciated.

Thank you!!

I'm sure this has been asked in the past, but I would like to get a feel for what others are doing in this coding situation.

If a patient was seen for minimal OB antepartum care, lets say less than 4 visits, should the global OB delivery code, such as 59400 be billed with a 52 modifier? Or should the antepartum visits be billed out seperately as E/M's and the delivery only with postpartum care be billed (59410)?

Again, I just want a feel for how others handle this type of coding situtation and if you have any resources they would be much appreciated.

Thank you!!

1-3 visits would be coded with appropriate E/M codes.
4-7 = 59425
7 or more visits = 59426