Wiki 3D Reformatting

bforr

Networker
Best answers
Hello everyone, I'm posting this here since there is no forum for radiology.

I am currently working as a radiology coder, and I have an issue I need some help to resolve. Our radiologists perform 3D rendering of CTs regularly, but there is never any indication in the report of the reason for it or the results of the separate 3D images. Does anyone know where I can find guidelines or an NCD or LCD to help me with this? I've tried CMS.gov with no luck. I just need documentation to present my manager to get the ball rolling on provider education. Thank you all, and have a wonderful week.

Hello everyone, I'm posting this here since there is no forum for radiology.

I am currently working as a radiology coder, and I have an issue I need some help to resolve. Our radiologists perform 3D rendering of CTs regularly, but there is never any indication in the report of the reason for it or the results of the separate 3D images. Does anyone know where I can find guidelines or an NCD or LCD to help me with this? I've tried CMS.gov with no luck. I just need documentation to present my manager to get the ball rolling on provider education. Thank you all, and have a wonderful week.

there is one from WPS LCD L30729
found a NGS SIA, A48015
pretty good article from hcpro.com "clearing up confusion:CPT 76376 76377"

I probably should have mentioned that I'm in Arizona. I cannot find any NCDs, nor LCDs for our jurisdiction. I've also found several articles, but my manager says that they are not good enough, because we need official documentation from CMS or AMA, and not an opinion piece or a different state's LCD. I know there is clarification in the CPT Assistant, but I'm trying to drum up the courage to go ask my manager to look it up for me, as he is the only person in the office who has access to CPT Assistant. I was just really hoping I could bring something to him first. Thank you for the help though.

I don't have the requisite knowledge to answer your question directly but I have an argument you may be able to present to your manager. From what I gather in your post Arizona has not made an official determination on the issue. I work in a law firm and it is not uncommon for judges to use guidance from other states when the local jurisdiction has not addressed the issue. Maybe you can use the LCDs from other jurisdictions to convince your manager to contact the local MAC to make a determination so as to end the uncertainty.

Wow, that is a fantastic idea! I will try to find more LCDs than the one I have and present them to him. Thank you for the help!!!

one more thing

the hcpro article I referenced states that the info will be published by CPT assistant ....article was from 2006....maybe that would incline your manager to check for it