Wiki 33249 with the Q0 mod

Best answers
Can someone please explain how we are to use this. We are getting denied. I have read everything but still confused. Do we need te registry with the national registry to use the Q0 modifier. My understanding there is only a few dx codes and for medicare we need to add a Q0 modifier. Is this correct. The mod doesn't make leads me to believe we have to reg. Thanks for any help I can get we are a physican office as well. Sally:confused:

Can someone please explain how we are to use this. We are getting denied. I have read everything but still confused. Do we need te registry with the national registry to use the Q0 modifier. My understanding there is only a few dx codes and for medicare we need to add a Q0 modifier. Is this correct. The mod doesn't make leads me to believe we have to reg. Thanks for any help I can get we are a physican office as well. Sally:confused:

I've never used a Q0 mod on 33249; I have used it for Transapical/Transfemoral AVRs which my docs perform often. It seems to me it would be used with unlisted/Category III codes only. But I do not have any specific information on utlilization of the Q0.

The Q0 modifier should be used on all ICD implants done for primary prevention. It is the hosptials responsiblity to then enter those patients into the ICD Registry.