Wiki 29824,29826,2999

codedog

True Blue
Best answers
Doctor says to use these codes ,29826-acromplasty, 29824-for ac joint resection,and 29999 for biceps tenotomy-
ok,looking at operative report I found 29824 not much info in there and 29999 is biceps tentomy still unlisted?,

are these codes right ?
DIAGNOSES: Right shoulder impingement, bursitis, AC joint arthritis, partial biceps tendon tear.
OPERATIONS: Arthroscopy right shoulder, acromioplasty, AC joint resection, biceps tenotomy.
PROCEDURE:
After obtaining proper informed consent from the patient, he was taken to the operating room and given general anesthesia per endotracheal tube. The right shoulder was examined in full range of motion with normal stability. The patient was placed in the lateral position and traction applied. The arthroscope was inserted through a posterior portal. The glenohumeral joint was inspected and the patient was found to have a labral tear with partial biceps tendon, 50% tearing at its anchor. He had undersurface fraying of the rotator cup and a full-thickness tear. It was elected to perform a biceps tenotomy and resection of the biceps tendon anchor. The subacromial space was then entered, and a great deal of bursitis encountered. A bursectomy was performed. Acromioplasty was performed, and resection of the arthritic AC joint was also performed. Shoulders were irrigated and injected with Marcaine and Duramorph. 4-0 nylon sutures were used on the skin. Sterile dressing was applied. The patient was taken to the recovery room in stable condition. thanks

Have you looked at 29828 for the biceps tenotomy? My docs do these procedures all of the time and that is what we code. Hope this helps.

Rachel CPC, CPC-H

29828 is for biceps tenodesis this is a tenotomy.I wanted to use that also,but from reading these threads eveyone says dont use 29828. Still not sure .Thank you though

Last edited:
Yes, 29999 is for the tenotomy. 29824 is for a scope claviculectomy, however the documentation doesn't really support it. Close but no cigar. 29826 is correct also.

I agree with bcrandall.
and for 29824 there should be some kind of documentation like how much of the clavicle was resected. Need a size.