Wiki 29822 vs 29823

kc-george

Networker
Best answers
Can anyone help me to know what differentiates a 29822 (artial synovectomy) from a 29823 (complete synovectomy)? I have not been able to locate anything concrete to tell me what, exactly the difference (s) are. I assume it is just a matter or how many ports are debrided, but just want to be certain. Thank you in advance for any help and clarification!

Sincerely,

Cassandra George

Can anyone help me to know what differentiates a 29822 (artial synovectomy) from a 29823 (complete synovectomy)? I have not been able to locate anything concrete to tell me what, exactly the difference (s) are. I assume it is just a matter or how many ports are debrided, but just want to be certain. Thank you in advance for any help and clarification!

Sincerely,

Cassandra George

Synovectomy would be 29820-29821. As far as 29822 or 29823 it will depend on how many 'soft tissues' were debrided. 1 soft tissue = 29822, 2 or more soft tissues = 29823. Soft tissue is biceps tendon, labrum, bursa, etc. Just make sure you don't include any type of debridement in association with any work/repair (i.e. RC repair with RC debridement). This wouldn't count.