Wiki 20670 or 20680 for procedure documented

AT2728

Expert
Best answers
20670 or 20680? I'm thinking 20670.

The left upper extremity was exsanguinated and the tourniquet was inflated to 300 mmHg. An incision was made on the prior scar. Dissection continued down until the hardware was identified. The patient had a figure of eight wire which was removed as well as two K-wires which were removed. X-rays showed all hardware was removed. At this point in time, the tourniquet was let down. There was no significant bleeding. 2-0 Vicryl suture was used to close the subcutaneous tissue. 3-0 nylon suture was used to close the skin. A sterile soft dressing with Xeroform, 4 x 4, Webril and an ace bandage placed along the left upper extremity.

Thank you! That was my initial thought, since this required an outpatient setting and layered closure. I started second guessing when the hospital coder stated there was no mention of bone or muscle only subcutaneous tissue, and my ortho book didn't provide additional information. I appreciate your time replying, the closure provides great guidance for future reference!