Wiki 2023 Home/Domiciliary vists and POS

kddell

New
Best answers
I am getting a ton of denials from all insurances but Medicare for the POS on the newly combined Home/Domiciliary visits (99341-99350). Does anyone know if the Place of Service code for those were combined as well? Or how are you getting around these denials? I am putting either POS 12 for Home visits and POS 13 for Domiciliary.

I am getting a ton of denials from all insurances but Medicare for the POS on the newly combined Home/Domiciliary visits (99341-99350). Does anyone know if the Place of Service code for those were combined as well? Or how are you getting around these denials? I am putting either POS 12 for Home visits and POS 13 for Domiciliary.
POS isn't changing. Just descriptors. See the inpatient/obs discussions on the board. Call the payer and tell them that CPT codes have changed and ask if their policy has been updated accordingly. Also appeal based on CPT coding guidelines.

POS isn't changing. Just descriptors. See the inpatient/obs discussions on the board. Call the payer and tell them that CPT codes have changed and ask if their policy has been updated accordingly. Also appeal based on CPT coding guidelines.
Agreed, the AMA and CMS have both confirmed that there was no change to place of service codes. Either the payer has created a different policy - in which case it should tell providers - or it is an error. It seems to be pretty widespread, unfortunately and I think it is an error.