Wiki 2023 hernia coding

Best answers
hello .
Am I reading this correctly ??? With the new hernia codes (cpt 49591-49623) it is stating that there is a 0 global with these repairs. An article from ACS states also if a patient stays overnight in the hospital that an e/m code for the d/c can be billed for the next day.

hello .
Am I reading this correctly ??? With the new hernia codes (cpt 49591-49623) it is stating that there is a 0 global with these repairs. An article from ACS states also if a patient stays overnight in the hospital that an e/m code for the d/c can be billed for the next day.
Hello
Does this mean
yep that is correct:)
So does this mean when we do an elective surgery on a patient needing a ventral hernia and we have this pt as observation we can bill for the observation admit and the discharge because there is no global. Im just confused because we have never not had globals. Help!
Thanks

Not sure of the admit but per article from ACS link below. Discharge from OBS as long as it is the admitting or attending (this is a note I got from a webinar).
Subsequent days can be billed (another note from webinar if the discharging physician isn't the admitting/attending then use the subsequent E/M not the OBS discharge E/M).

Not sure of the admit but per article from ACS link below. Discharge from OBS as long as it is the admitting or attending (this is a note I got from a webinar).
Subsequent days can be billed (another note from webinar if the discharging physician isn't the admitting/attending then use the subsequent E/M not the OBS discharge E/M).
So what your saying about the subsequent visit is if the patient is admitted and we do the surgery we can bill for the subsequent visits and we arent the discharge or admit doctor.
Thank you so much for the link. Its really helpful.