Wiki 2016 CPT Changes

nkawtgn

Contributor
Best answers
has anyone seen the changes for CPT for 2016? we are trying to find a website so we can get these loaded into our system.
I have looked on CMS and can't find a list.

any help would be very helpful.

Thanks and have a great day
Steph

has anyone seen the changes for CPT for 2016? we are trying to find a website so we can get these loaded into our system.
I have looked on CMS and can't find a list.

any help would be very helpful.

Thanks and have a great day
Steph

I'm not aware that a list of CPT changes is posted anywhere. You'll probably need to purchase books or software, which will include a list of changes.

changes

I thought this was public knowledge. you are telling me that the WHO and CMS don't list them? isn't this where the codes come from? I am just shocked that you have to buy the books to get them.
Now granted i will buy them but don't have them yet.

Steph

I thought this was public knowledge. you are telling me that the WHO and CMS don't list them? isn't this where the codes come from? I am just shocked that you have to buy the books to get them.
Now granted i will buy them but don't have them yet.

Steph

The AMA creates the CPT codes not CMS or WHO. They are allowed to copy protect and trademark the book.

The insurance company I work for used to have the code descriptions on our public website and we got a nice C&D (cease and desist) letter. Free resources don't want to pay royalties to AMA.