Wiki 2013 retake-slightly freaking out

Ursu_B

Best answers
I'm retaking my CPC exam in March and just bought my 2013 books. I only bought a ICD-9 since I know that ICD-10 won't be used until next year (if I remember correctly?). Now I'm starting to panic and think that maybe I should have gone ahead and bought an ICD-10 book. Does anyone know which one is going to be used on the exam? Please help!

Retake CPC

I am taking the test in April and will the retake test be different from 2012 test. Do I need to buy the practice test for 2013. I have the 2012 practice test. What do I need to do.

CPC Ceritification Exam

Hi Jackie 52,

May I suggest buying The Official CPC Study Guide for 2013 from AAPC? Regarding the ICD-9, the 2012 Edition should be fine for the 2013 Exam, since Mr. Reed Pew stated in the last edition of Coding Edge (note the name change for the latest edition, " Cutting Edge ") that the AMA froze changes to ICD-9 due to the upcoming conversion to ICD-10.

The important thing would be to get a 2013 CPT Book as the changes are immense from 2012 to 2013. Please see the article in the last edition of " Coding Edge Magazine" prior to the name change to " Cutting Edge".

Please know that you are not alone, and thank-you for expressing your concern, as I too am about to retake the exam. I was informed that in some cases people have to prep and take the exam 7 times in order to pass. When I expressed my concern at Officer Meetings, and requested that I get tutoring in order to pass and be Proctor I on exams, the Local Chapter President Suggested that I step down as Membership Development Officer. A big concern that I have is that I have a 2012 HCPCS Code Book, and I'm wondering as to what kind of disadvantage that will put me, since my employer is not a DME Supplier, and rarely uses HCPCS, even for Medicare.

I'm re-taking the exam Feb 23rd, please light a candle for me, and I will do the same for you.

Firstly i wish "all the best" for your CPC exam.. when ever you might give.

See if you are taking a retake... i am not sure but i guess it will be .. ICD 9 ....
To be very sure you just put a mail to AAPC directly or call and ask whether its ICD 9 or 10... and as in CPC major portion is CPT book so i think it will not make much difference.. if you are good with your CPT you will surly succeed...

Once again "All the best"