Wiki 2 ov's same day 2 physicians different specialty same group

CFisher5

Best answers
Can someone please help? I work for a dermatology and cosmetic surgery group. This is my question:

Dr. A (Dermatologist) sees a pt in the morning for a MOHS consult. Dr. A then refers pt to Dr. B (Facial Plastics and Reconstructive Surgeon) later that morning for a consult for the repair of the MOHS defect. Both physicians are in the same practice. Can they both bill and get paid for their services?

Thank you in advance for your input:)

Can someone please help? I work for a dermatology and cosmetic surgery group. This is my question:

Dr. A (Dermatologist) sees a pt in the morning for a MOHS consult. Dr. A then refers pt to Dr. B (Facial Plastics and Reconstructive Surgeon) later that morning for a consult for the repair of the MOHS defect. Both physicians are in the same practice. Can they both bill and get paid for their services?

Thank you in advance for your input:)

I would want to first know if they share the same tax id number and chart information. If they have the same tax id number you will most likely run into problems. Many times we have patient's sent directly to our office from Derm and we are the Plastic Reconstructive Surgeons and we bill our own visit.