Wiki 1997 guidelines

CodingMari

Networker
Best answers
Can someone explain to me what arte the shaded box for? is it for specialty providers ?

I am new to the coding world I am having a hard time understanding the general multi system exam and single organ exam?

Hello,

I would like to share some points with you based on my experience while using 97 Guidelines.

I have used the single organ system guideline mostly for specialty providers and the reason they gave me that their main focus was affected organ system if pertaining to their specialty and advice to use the multi organ to the hospitalist.

However the guideline made with that the provider should examine the patient not only the affected system, they should also examine the other systems too for comprehensive examination. So they have created while using the single organ system exam, the provider should must do which are avail in the shaded box and at least one bullet point from other systems.

While using the Multi organ system guideline, you have 18 bullets from 9 systems for comprehensive examination.

Waiting for more information from others.

Hello,

I would like to share some points with you based on my experience while using 97 Guidelines.

I have used the single organ system guideline mostly for specialty providers and the reason they gave me that their main focus was affected organ system if pertaining to their specialty and advice to use the multi organ to the hospitalist.

However the guideline made with that the provider should examine the patient not only the affected system, they should also examine the other systems too for comprehensive examination. So they have created while using the single organ system exam, the provider should must do which are avail in the shaded box and at least one bullet point from other systems.

While using the Multi organ system guideline, you have 18 bullets from 9 systems for comprehensive examination.

Waiting for more information from others.

I appreciate your response I come to the forum for guidance but not a lot of feedback I don't know why? or if anyone is laughing at my questions? but when we take exam is not really real world its just scratching the surface of the coding world.

so, going back to my question the guideline states "general multi-system examination or a single organ system examination may be performed by any physician, regardless of specialty." the type of examination are selected by the examining physician are based upon clinical judgement the patients history and the nature of presenting problem"

Example; if the patient is present for a fever cough and aches what will I be looking at the single organ system? or just the general ? or of the patient present for lab results only?