Wiki 1995 AND 1997 auditing templates/forms

CarolLR

Networker
Best answers
I have been searching the forum for the past hour for copies of a chart auditing form or template. If I understand correctly, there are 1995 AND 1997 auditing guidelines and therefore there should be a 1995 AND a 1997 audit form. Does anyone have these that they could email to me for an interview I have tomorrow morning? My email is: CarolLR@windstream.net I have done some searching with google but can't find a printable version, not to mention that they are not always listed as 1995 or 1997 (is there a 1996 as well?)

Any chart auditing information you have is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Carol Rosol, CPC

Change from 1995 guidelines to 1997 guidelines

Hi ,
please can some one send me audit tool ( 1997 guidelines ) New and Established Outpatient visits .

Also I have one more question concerning E / M
" I was auditing the new and Established Outpatient using 1995 guidelines for the past 2 years .
All of a sudden I was told to audit these visits using 1997 guidelines .

My question is ( 1 ) Do these providers should be informed that , now the audit is conducted using 1997 guidelines NOT 1995 guidelines ( so that they can document according to 1997 guidelines ) ( 2 ) Will these audit show a lower level , if I am using 1997 guidelines compared to 1995 guidelines ?
Thank you ,
Thomas Koshy.

Let's not turn this into another one of those threads where everyone adds their email and asks for people to send them things..... this email thread is several YEARS old, I seriously doubt the original poster is going to keep checking it.

I'm not sure where you guys looked, but this information is available online from multiple sources.
Here is a link to the NOVITAS website, they have a PDF of the 1995 E/M Guidelines Score Sheet as well as the 1997 (each specialty is listed here)

Hopefully that's what you're looking for. I would advise you to make sure that you check with the local carrier first to make sure they don't have their own exam guidelines, or MDM guidelines (Trailblazer, NGS, etc)

1995 single system Comprehensive Exam audit guidelines

I have been trying to locate a printable 1995 single system comprehensive exam audit guidelines for the psychiatric system. If anyone has one to share or could send me a link it would be greatly appreciated. Email is julia.allen@owensborohealth.org
Thanks