Wiki 11422 vs 56620

Korbc

Guru
Best answers
Hey guys,

I have one particular doctor that likes to use 56620 for excision of a vulvar lesion, I know it depends on the extent etc. Would you guys find this more consistent with code range 11422 and then coding the repair separate, or code 56620? He doesn't mention wide semi elliptical incision but it does seem rather deep....it is cystic so i was thinking 11422. If it's more consistent with 11422 I was torn also on whether or not it would be considered intermediate repair or deep, he does say deep sutures?

Thank you so much!

Anesthesia: Monitor Anesthesia Care

Indications: 1.5 cm epidermoid cyst above the clitoris.

Description of Procedure: Patient brought the operating placed in dorsolithotomy position prepped and draped in usual manner after monitored anesthesia care was initiated. The epidermoid cyst was identified. The area was infiltrated with half percent Marcaine with epinephrine. The epidermoid cyst was excised using a scalpel. The defect was then closed with 3-0 Vicryl deep sutures and 4-0 Vicryl subcuticular sutures. Skin glue was used as a bandage.

Hi, Cpt directs us to the 1142x codes for excision of a local lesion. The CPT book also has a good guideline for the levels of repair. I take the deep, then subcuticular sutures to be layered closure, which would qualify as an intermediate repair.

Hi, Cpt directs us to the 1142x codes for excision of a local lesion. The CPT book also has a good guideline for the levels of repair. I take the deep, then subcuticular sutures to be layered closure, which would qualify as an intermediate repair.
thanks cmama12!