AAPC's 2021 ICD-10-CM, ICD-10-PCS, HCPCS Level II, Procedure Desk Reference, and Procedural Coding Expert code books are the the gold standard of code books for both students and working coders. Developed by AAPC coders, the 2021 books are easy to use and rich with helpful features. They include exclusive content to help accelerate the coding process and increase accuracy. They are also a huge value for the price.
AAPC Key Features:
- Larger font in the ICD-10-CM tabular section – We’ve increased the font size, making it larger and easier to find than most competitors’ books.
- HCC and RxHCC icons in ICD-10-CM and HCPCS Level II – Manage risk adjustment coding with confidence. Icons denote the codes you need to include.
- MACRA highlights in ICD-10-CM and HCPCS Level II – Be ready for MACRA quality measures now. Highlighted codes make it easier to report quality measures so your employer implements the new payment system on a high note.
- Pre-printed tabs – AAPC provides pre-printed chapter tabs to speed ﬁnding the right information during your exam or at the oﬃce.
- Notes pages – Lined notes pages in every chapter oﬀer you a place to keep your important information about coding.
- 2021 Oﬃcial Guidelines – Find what you need for this year’s codes. AAPC’s books include the up-to-date oﬃcial guidelines for ICD-10-CM and PCS.
- Colored ICD-10-CM Index to Diseases and Injuries orientation lines – No need to check and double check the all-important indentations in the index with transparent highlighter yellow lines.
- Lay descriptions – Easy-to-understand descriptions, including a clinical responsibility section which outlines, step-by-step, how the provider performs the procedure in Procedure Desk Reference.
- Glossary of medical terms – Procedure Desk Reference includes definitions of more than 5,000 medical terms included in the glossary that provide you with a deeper level of understanding.
- CPT® to G code crosswalk – And vice versa. Both HCPCS Level II and Procedural Coding Expert include tables to help you report the right procedure codes to commercial and federal payers.
- BETOS, DME, relative value information – HCPCS Level II and Procedural Coding Expert include extensive information to help you code claims without worry.
- Pub 100 rules in HCPCS Level II – Get the latest web-based rules for reporting procedural and supply codes.
- Color illustrations – Use our illustrations to help you with anatomy and pathophysiology when selecting codes.
- Tables of codes by icon – Need to ﬁnd what codes are HCC or MCC but you’re tight on time? Codes are reproduced in the back of the book in easy-to-lookup tables by icon. You won’t ﬁnd this in another book.
- Payment Indicators – Find out if your claim will be covered by the federal payer. HCPCS Level II and Procedural Coding Expert include national, local, and service-related payment indicators, such as ASC and APC.
- Durable and Easy to Use – Stout coil binding and top-quality matte paper make this book the best value for year-round use.