Wiki when to code 646.8X category and 648.9X category.

shivasai

New
Best answers
Hi

My name is saikiran, i have a doubt in pregnency complications.

when to take 646.8X category and 648.9X category.

when a pregnent pt with abdominal pain, generally i will with 648.93 (pregnency, complicated, current condition or disease,specified condition NEC)and additionally i will give 78900.

but i got a doubt that there is an another category 646.8X (pregnency complicated, specified condition NEC), why don't we choose that. as am a Junior i asked to my senior i didn't get help in that. please help in this.

thank you

saikiran kannam

Hi

My name is saikiran, i have a doubt in pregnency complications.

when to take 646.8X category and 648.9X category.

when a pregnent pt with abdominal pain, generally i will with 648.93 (pregnency, complicated, current condition or disease,specified condition NEC)and additionally i will give 78900.

but i got a doubt that there is an another category 646.8X (pregnency complicated, specified condition NEC), why don't we choose that. as am a Junior i asked to my senior i didn't get help in that. please help in this.

thank you

saikiran kannam

646 is the category for complications of pregnancy. 648 is the category for other current condition affecting the management of the pregnancy. Always look at the main category for clarification on a particular code.