Wiki wellness visit and problem visit

Babsss

Networker
Local Chapter Officer
Best answers
I have a physician that is billing a wellness visit and an established visit on the same date of service. Is this not double billing? I thought that once the wellness visit turned to a problem then code for the problem with an established visit code. Any advise, please.

Never mind. I found out that you can bill for both with a 25 modifier. Definitly not encouraged but possible.

Just remember that as of Oct 1 this practice can no longer be done. The new ICD-10 CM codes do not allow a compliant dx to be use with the annual dx code.

Just remember that as of Oct 1 this practice can no longer be done. The new ICD-10 CM codes do not allow a symptom dx to be use with the annual dx code.

Debra, can you direct me to documentation on that? The state Medicaid program has made no mention of an update to their billing guidelines for Health Checks, and our Peds clinic performs them daily. Thanks!

Pediatric billing guidelines

Hello Everyone,

I have recently started working for a pediatric practice but have no experience with coding or billing for this type of specialty. Besides the AAP.org site is there any where else I can go for guidelines or webinars that any of you are aware of?
I do have coding experience just not in this field. In particular where can I find a list of ICD-9 codes that can be billed when a child is scheduled for a well and the visit turns into a sick what icd-9 codes can be billed with the 99211(considered sick codes)? The doc is 99214 for example patient is scheduled for well but Doc addresses obesity can this icd-9 code be considered a sick visit 99213 with the 25 appended to the well?
Also looking for any resources that might help me learn more.
Thanks
Denise

Debra, can you direct me to documentation on that? The state Medicaid program has made no mention of an update to their billing guidelines for Health Checks, and our Peds clinic performs them daily. Thanks!

The ICD-10 CM information is in the codes themselves, there is an excludes 1 note with the Z00 codes indicating:
Excludes 1 signs and symptoms, code to the signs and symptoms.
Excludes 1 is a pure exclusion note to indicate that you cannot code them together.