Wiki Vaginal Mass Removal

cwilson3333

Expert
Best answers
First time in the OBGYN Forum

I need to post a procedure performed by my Orthopedic Surgeon. He was asked to help remove an ossified mass in the vagina.
He came in as he secondary surgeon.
Patient had a vey large ossified mass in her vagina. The mass was morselized o a certain extent, and her primary surgeon made sure it was not attached to anything and had a soft capsule around it. Mass if 12 to 15 cm long, and probably 8-9 cm in diameter.
So Ortho Doc morselized the mass, probably 25% using a rongeur and biter, just step-by-step direct vision only, did not cut anything he could not see. Primary Doc was retracting and at this time, took enough out that she was able to pull the mass from the vagina . Ortho Doc excused from operating theater at that time.

So, I have not the least idea how to post the orthopedic charge for this case.

Help ??????

This is a new one for me (coding gyn onc for 16 years). 57135 excision of vaginal cyst or tumor just does not seem to capture what was done, and will not allow for multiple surgeons.
You may need to use unlisted 58999-62. Be prepared with op report and appeal letter. You should also co-ordinate with other surgeon.

Thank you so much!
I have never, ever had to post a GYN procedure before, so my first thought and the office manager's first word was OMG :rolleyes:, he did do this.
Definitely appreciate your getting back to me.
Have a great day