Wiki Toe nail

Hello Lucy071789
The KOH is a laboratory not pathology thing. You really need to understand the accessions you are dealing with along with all the charges posted.
Just because it didn't happen in the pathology world it happened in the laboratory world (different billing system).
I so super wish you had someone to explain what was happening here. Pathology and laboratory aren't "usually" same system. They seem related, but are entirely different specialties.
Let me know if you have additional questions okay,
Dana

Hello Lucy071789
The KOH is a laboratory not pathology thing. You really need to understand the accessions you are dealing with along with all the charges posted.
Just because it didn't happen in the pathology world it happened in the laboratory world (different billing system).
I so super wish you had someone to explain what was happening here. Pathology and laboratory aren't "usually" same system. They seem related, but are entirely different specialties.
Let me know if you have additional questions okay,
Dana
well we are private pathology lab, everything is done here, that why my boss is interested and knowing if anyone has been billing for it

well we are private pathology lab, everything is done here, that why my boss is interested and knowing if anyone has been billing for it
The lab can bill a technical charge for the KOH solution, I believe it is 87220. Our lab does have a CP test for this and bills out the technical component (I don't believe there is a professional component).

My one piece of advice to you Lucy071789 is for your facility to actually purchase the APF manual. KOH isn't pathology. It is laboratory. It falls within the "microbiology category" here. in CPT book.
Not to be disrespectful in any manner here, but partially the reason your boss is so interested is because they clearly don't know how to code pathology and simply waiting for your intel here.
It's okay. I've absolutely been there and done that for a few questions.
I hope you have a fantastic evening! Let me know if I can help again okay.
Dana

The lab can bill a technical charge for the KOH solution, I believe it is 87220. Our lab does have a CP test for this and bills out the technical component (I don't believe there is a professional component).
thank for that info on 87220 but we would be dealing with the koh preparations which is Q0112, has your lab seen or dealt w/ any billing of Q0112 along w/ 88304 and 88312?

My one piece of advice to you Lucy071789 is for your facility to actually purchase the APF manual. KOH isn't pathology. It is laboratory. It falls within the "microbiology category" here. in CPT book.
Not to be disrespectful in any manner here, but partially the reason your boss is so interested is because they clearly don't know how to code pathology and simply waiting for your intel here.
It's okay. I've absolutely been there and done that for a few questions.
I hope you have a fantastic evening! Let me know if I can help again okay.
Dana
thank you for your help but we do more than microbiology here, we have mulitple cq's on our license, but I greatly appreciate your time and information

thank for that info on 87220 but we would be dealing with the koh preparations which is Q0112, has your lab seen or dealt w/ any billing of Q0112 along w/ 88304 and 88312?
I personally don't do lab billing, so I don't have the answer to that specifically. I'm sorry!