Wiki toe cellulitis

vkratzer

Best answers
I work in Family Practice but we have submitted several claims (E&M code) for MC patients with toe cellulitis, antibiotic prescribed. Patient does not have any systemic disease. No procedure done. Nothing else addressed at the visit. Toe issue was the reason for the visit. Claims are being denied as routine foot care. Is there anything special I need to do? To me this is not routine foot care but do not know how else to report.

Routine foot care

I work in Family Practice but we have submitted several claims (E&M code) for MC patients with toe cellulitis, antibiotic prescribed. Patient does not have any systemic disease. No procedure done. Nothing else addressed at the visit. Toe issue was the reason for the visit. Claims are being denied as routine foot care. Is there anything special I need to do? To me this is not routine foot care but do not know how else to report.

What code did you use? I file claims for routine foot care daily. Contact me at debbie.robinson25@gmail.com, I will be glad to assist in your claims.