Wiki really need an opinion

kayroserey@cox.net

Networker
Best answers
I know this isn't up y'alls alley exactly, but it is radiology and someone might know. I am just starting to code for radiology. This doc is just reading the fluoroscopic images for a nasogastric tube placement. There is a code 43752 which includes the fluoriscopic imagery etc. Can I use this code with the modifier -26 for the radiologist. Please advise.

I know this isn't up y'alls alley exactly, but it is radiology and someone might know. I am just starting to code for radiology. This doc is just reading the fluoroscopic images for a nasogastric tube placement. There is a code 43752 which includes the fluoriscopic imagery etc. Can I use this code with the modifier -26 for the radiologist. Please advise.

If he is placing the nasogastric tube then code 43752 is applicable and no modifiers are necessary. This code includes the fluoroscopy.

If the doc is reading fluoroscopic images and no hard copies (ie permanent recording) are performed, then only fluoroscopy should be billed IMO.
76000 is the code for this.

HTH :)

If there are no permanent images, we could just a single view of the area, i.e. abdomen - 74000, not the 76000.

Mary