Wiki Passed my CPC Exam 10/24/20--Interested in CPC position

Lisajuly20

Contributor
Best answers
My name is Lisa Olexik and I passed my CPC exam on 10/24/20. I live in Cary, NC and am interested in a full time CPC career either remotely or in the Triangle area (Cary and surrounding cities/towns). I am currently employed full time with Maxim Healthcare Agency as a CNA since 2016. My main responsibilities include CNA duties at Wake Med Hospital in Raleigh, NC as well as assisting with collection process and ICD-10-CM data entry at Select Labs in Durham, NC. I am excited to begin my career as a CPC!

I looked and North Carolina Professional Group recruiting agency has a post for biller/coder so thats a great bet- and they can find you something. Temp jobs are great because they try you out before hiring. Its a great way to gain experience. Also Raleigh Orthopedics is looking for a certified Coder with only 1 year exp so list the in-class coding you've done in school. I'd suggest you REALLY study any Orthopedics coding chapters up and down and maybe search for some Orthopedic coding tip video. Then apply online with a nice (not too long) Cover letter explaining what you've coded in that Orthopedics specialty- then mention your other medical field job experience. At times they WILL give a CPC-A a shot and train you especially if you pass their interview coding test and like you. It happened for me so Good luck! :) You could also try any Health Info or Billing jobs at yout hospital for something similar. Maxim also hires coders after you gain some coding experience.

Last edited: