Wiki Nurse only delivery

awiteli

New
Best answers
I'm looking for some input on what I can bill for from the following:

28-year-old G4, now P4 presented in active labor at 39 and 3/7 weeks gestation with complete dilation and rapid delivery within a few minutes of presentation to the hospital. Med student present just after delivery to deliver the placenta which was intact. Then I presented just after this to assess the patient. She did have a 1st degree perineal laceration which was repaired by the med student under my direction. Patient's prenatal course was complicated by gestational diabetes which was well controlled. She actually had presented on 05/30/13 for induction of labor with Cytotec but eventually was sent home later in the day because labor did not ensue. As stated above she presented at the end of stage 1 on the morning of 05/31/13 and delivered with the nurse in the room.

We obviously can't bill for the delivery, however, I think that I can bill for the laceration repair. Also, am I able to bill for daily hospital services provided by my physician since these would normally be included in the delivery which is not being billed? Or, would these be considered included in the postpartum care code (59430)?