Wiki looking to famliarize

Kiracodes

Networker
Best answers
I am looking to familiarize myself with Neurosurgery coding? I currently code the profee for Neurology Hospitalists as well as a few other Hospitalist groups. I was hoping that someone might know of some resource material, webinars or even live seminars?

Could really use any help the seasoned NeuroSurg coders can offer. Even if it's just to network for possible future questions?

Thanks!

Hi Kira,
I am relatively new to the neuro world as well. I have found these boards helpful. I have also invested in some specialty neuro coding books to help me along. I learn something new on a daily basis.

The books I purchased are Neurosurgery/Neurology coding companion 2013 as well as the 2015 Auditor's Desk Reference. Both are by Optum. They are helpful, but I have access to the coding companions and the CPT assistants as well. While I have learned a lot, there is something new that crosses my desk everyday. These boards as well as some listserves contain a plethora of knowledge from folks who having been doing this a long time.