Wiki injection during surgery

Jennifer17

Networker
Best answers
we have a physician who wants to bill for an injection 20610 during an ASU procedure - can we code for that? usually the 20610 is for office only , I thought
Thanks!

I'm not sure I fully understand your question. Are you referring to Ambulatory Surgery when using ASU?
20610 can be performed in other settings. Our docs do this in the outpatient setting from time to time (I do the professional billing not facility). 20611 should be billed if ultrasound guidance is used with the injection. You'll bill with the appropriate place of service and, of course, verify CCI edits for multiple procedure coding.

The code comes up on the Medicare ASC fee schedule so i would assume that means you can perform that procedure. Although of whether its reimbursable in that setting it may not be separately reimbursable depending on the procedure

denials

yes it is being denied for CCI greater and lesser procedures are not covered on the same date of service - this is from CT Medicaid program - I just wanted to see if others bill it and get paid for it.
Thanks