Wiki I passed CIRCC now on to CEU's

Best answers
I am beyond thrilled that I passed my CIRRC exam, but now I need to address getting CEU's for this specialty.

1) How many do I need per two year membership? I read 24 and 16 on the AAPC website so I am confused. (It appears that they have prorated them for the balance of my current membership as I only need 6, but I want to present my supervisor with information on helping me pay for these!)

2) I have checked Dr. Z and MedLearn for earning the CEU's, any other suggestions?

Thanks so much,
Sue

I am beyond thrilled that I passed my CIRRC exam, but now I need to address getting CEU's for this specialty.

1) How many do I need per two year membership? I read 24 and 16 on the AAPC website so I am confused. (It appears that they have prorated them for the balance of my current membership as I only need 6, but I want to present my supervisor with information on helping me pay for these!)

2) I have checked Dr. Z and MedLearn for earning the CEU's, any other suggestions?

Thanks so much,
Sue
Sue

I would call AAPC to verify exactly what you need for CEUs. It can be confusing with multiple credentials. Also, there is a list of approved vendors for CEUs on the AAPC website.

Congrats on passing the CIRCC!!

Im about to take the CIRCC plunge, soon.

Do you have any vital tips or advice preparing and/or passing the exam?

Did you use the AAPC CIRCC study guide for preparing?

Thanks,

Dh

Check the website under CEU Information for how many CEU credits needed for the number of specilities. As for CIRCC, 16 credits are needed, and can be found thru Z-Health or MedLearn. The other twenty credits can be on other coding areas.

HTH,
Jim Pawloski, CIRCC

Exam tips

Sue

I would call AAPC to verify exactly what you need for CEUs. It can be confusing with multiple credentials. Also, there is a list of approved vendors for CEUs on the AAPC website.

Congrats on passing the CIRCC!!

Im about to take the CIRCC plunge, soon.

Do you have any vital tips or advice preparing and/or passing the exam?

Did you use the AAPC CIRCC study guide for preparing?

Thanks,

Dh

I found that there were more questions concerning endovascular repair and cardiac catherizations than I was expecting. We do our endovascular work in the hybrid OR and don't actually code for it separately and I don't code for the heart caths at all. I had to really take my time with these questions since I had little to no experience with them. I did use the AAPC study guide and the practice exam. I took it over and over again until I felt comfortable. I think if you code IR day to day you will be fine. Best of luck!!