Wiki COSC Exam feedback

browncpc

New
Best answers
Has anyone taken and passed the COSC on the first try, if so can you advise tips that helped you pass and areas to focus, material and links that might help me??

Giving myself 1 month prep time: confused::eek:

Cosc exam

I took the COSC exam about 2 months ago, and passed on the first try. It is a hard exam, but if you study your Study Guide and use the practice exams, you should do fine. I really buckled down and studied each weekend for about 4 - 6 weeks prior to the exam, and I work as an ortho coder during the day. Just remember, everything you need is in your coding books - you just need to remember where to find it. :) If you struggle with a question, skip it and plan to go back to it when you feel able, or at the end. Sometimes other questions will trigger the knowledge you need for other questions. You will definitely use almost all of your exam time on this exam, so don't take breaks or ponder anything too long. Good luck to you!!!

I took it too but unfortunately did not pass first time. I did pass the second time since I knew what to expect. Most of the operative reports were extremely long and I was always taught to read them first. That is impossible when you are only alotted 2 minutes per question. There were a lot of spine surgeries so make sure you study those. Pay attention to modifiers also, some of the questions are tricky. It seems as if you have a lot of time but as justbeth40@gmail.com said try not to take any breaks or think too much on one question because the time goes quickly. Good luck to you.

Just checking when you took the COSC exam did you use both coding companion books? I know they are listed, I plan to take exam this October.

Thanks

CPCinPA

Cosc exam feedback

are there any study classes for that exam or are you on your own, I too plan on taking it- how far in advance did you give yourself to study, 2 months? longer,