Wiki Beginning my CPC career..cover letter and attached resume

Lisajuly20

Contributor
Best answers
I am submitting my attached resume for a full time Billing & Coding position either remote or Raleigh, NC area. Currently, I am a Private Duty Certified Nurse’s Assistant with Maxim Healthcare and typically have been assigned to the Wake Medical Center in Raleigh over the past four years. Over the past two years I have also frequently been assigned to B & D Integrated Health Services where I have worked the front desk at Select Labs. I have been working toward becoming a Certified Professional Coder for the last two years and recently passed the certification examination. With this goal attained, I would like to be considered for positions that would use my recently obtained skill.

My career path over the past 16 years since graduating from Western Carolina University started in the hospitality field working in hotels and interacting with customers. Then, after experiencing working with the elderly and others with special needs I obtained certification as a Certified Nurse’s Assistant. Working in the medical field has been rewarding but after a decade found myself desiring something less hands on. After researching other career options, I found it interesting that every medical and psychological treatment and diagnosis had a specific code assigned to it. Looking into it in more detail, my interest grew, motivating me to take courses that would prepare me for a medical coder position and obtain certification as a Certified Professional Coder.

Attachments

• Lisa Olexik Resume November 2020.pdf
    64.3 KB · Views: 27